Wednesday, March 05, 2003

The discussion of Luke 7:36-50 and Psalms 51:4 between Cos and I has been going on for weeks.

I met this Christian, Cos, through the “Friends of the Nazarene” email list, which is founded by a Unitarian, Mark Miller. Cos is a Trinitarian. He was asked to leave the email group for Cos intend to discuss Trinity. I am a Trinitarian skeptic. I started to have email correspondence discussing what he thought be the biblical proof of Trinity. I even have set up a webpage to continue the discussion with him. During the course of discussion, I have gained more understanding why people believe in Trinity. I feel that this doctrine of the mainstream Christianity has been the most if not totally disturbing doctrine. I have a hard time dealing with. The argument or so-called proof behind the doctrine hasn’t been satisfactory.

I was somehow emotionally disturbed by the argument that Cos was offering. I reflected for days and nights because I was disturbed. I was warned by Cos that it was the reluctance to believe Trinity being the truth disturbed me. However, I could not agree after some soul search. After some more reasoning on papers, I found that it is his circular reasoning that has caused the problem. His argument is spurious.

No comments: