Thursday, February 14, 2008

There exist a certain pattern with catching a cold. The cold that I got isn't really over when I thought it should have been over during the night in Hong kong sleeping at Stanley's place. Today, in the office, my head and body is so heavy that I told DG that I got to leave for home to get some sleep. DG told me to try sleep on his bed. I tried, but I got up after an hour for the flimsy quilt could hardly keep me warm. Nonetheless, the hour of sleep recharged me. I got back to work. I kept myself sober and sane till 5pm and the cold symptom strike again.

castigate
verb [T] FORMAL
to criticize someone or something severely:
Health inspectors castigated the kitchen staff for poor standards of cleanliness.
Martina castigated her boyfriend for not remembering her birthday.

eyrie
noun [C]
1 (MAINLY US aerie) the nest of an eagle or other large bird which eats meat, usually built in a high, distant place
2 a room or apartment that is high up in a building:
I interviewed the chairman of the company in his seventh-floor eyrie.

chicanery
noun [U] FORMAL
clever, dishonest talk or behaviour which is used to deceive people:
The investigation revealed political chicanery and corruption at the highest levels.

No comments: