Sunday, March 04, 2001

I made a call to carol couple of days ago.
What if I didn't make that call?
On 28th of Feburary 2001, Seattle earthquake measures 6.8 on the Richter scale. Vancouver was affected somehow. Once I got the news in the morning of HK time, I called my little brother, Gordon, who's in Vancouver. He said he was bumped up and down a few times off the sofa while he's watching TV. Later that day, I made a call to carol on the tram while heading my way to meet a client.

How's it quake?
It's ok.
What? (bad signal)
If there's nothing much, please don't call anymore.
What? (I didn't get it.)
If there's nothing much, please don't call anymore!
What?
(offline)
Couldn't help myself but tried to keep my reputation as "not considerate", I wrote a email to carol saying things like:
My voice makes you sick, isn't it? I really hope the answer is a "no" though I'm not sure about my judgement anymore after talking to you on the phone this morning. Please tell me the truth, ok?
I got an ICQ message from carol today goes:
what i said the other day was....if there's nothing much, please don't call anymore. Thank you.
Thought you wanted an honest answer.
I replied with:
I was a bit worry about you. I think it's being considered "nothing much", right? I shall respect what you said and wait till there's "something much" to call you again la...
And this is the end of another "healthy" and "constructive" conversation carol and I had.

No comments: