Tuesday, August 29, 2000

Just got an email from a netfriend (Maggie is a name I made up, cuz' I don't feel like publishing her real name) who saw my posting at some friend's connection site:

Maggie wrote:

****************************************
hi,ERic

I sent an email to you yesterday, but I didn't say more about me without enough time.
I'm wondering whether you know Maggie is blue blue cat. I'm so happy to know you,for I feel we're alike in many aspects.
I'm not a shanghaiese.My hometown is WuXi(Do you know WuXi,it's a beautiful and exquisite city).About two monthes ago,I graduated from WuXi University of Light Industry,and came to shanghai.I like shanghai.It's a modern and open big city with more chances.Moreover there are full of pressure and chanlleges,eapecially for those who come from the other city.But,all of this I like.Life will be variegated and colorful in continous chanllege.
I'm an enthusiastic and easy-going girl,and favorite in many things,eapecially sports and music.Exercises make me full of vigor while music let me relaxed.It's an excellent thing to go swimming,climbing and having a picnic with friends.I also like reading.In my opinion,it's not enough for a female to have only a good-looking.While reading brings her thought and make her avoid superficial.(What's your opinion?)
I admire you that you've already had your own business in such a young age.I like your initiative.If there is a chance,I'd like to learn from you.

Looking forward to receive your email.

Maggie
****************************************

I replied:

****************************************
Dear Maggie,

I really appreciate your email. Let me answer your question straight forwardly. I'm a very superficial man.

Period.

I could appreciate good-looking appearance more than I could appreciate what's "INSIDE" a person. I know this is not generally considered to be right - politically incorrect. However, as you're being so sincere, I cannot help myself but being honest to you:

I AM A SUPERFICIAL MAN!

My achievement is nothing. My achievement/appearance is used to seduce superficial women who appreciate men's achievement/career/salary/appearance rather than their genuine souls.

I like superficial women since only they know what makes me ( a superficial man ) happy.

See?

Hope you understand what a superficial man I am.

I don't know if you'd still like to be friends with me after telling you what I'm really like. Hope I can still hear from you again. Maybe I'm interested in knowing how you'd react to this reply. :p

Warmest Regard,

--
ERic
****************************************

No comments: